Be Safe Online
Learn how to be safe online.
Ways to be safe online
- Consider accepting friends requests from only family, friends, colleagues, or individuals you have met offline
- Avoid clicking links that ask for personal information especially any links that ask for money and bank details
- Many times we are more reactive on social media rather than preventative in terms of our privacy settings or online safety. We believe the best way to use social media is by being aware of our online environment
- Other tips for social media include understanding that social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter have in-built reporting mechanisms that help you and I have a safe, responsible and overall great experience as a social media user
- These mechanisms help detect abusive, explicit, harmful content that may be available online through social media. They are based on guidelines and standards that are set by the respective social media platforms and are available for you and I through the following link